Monday, October 16, 2017

The Six-Month Ailment


I am woefully behind for the month. This is the fifth blog post I have worked on this month but only the third that I have published. I am also woefully behind in my personal life, but that's neither here nor there.

Back in April, the Seamstress passed out in the foyer of the local temple. This happened the same week that I saw my doctor for my migraines. The doctor had asked if either of my roommates suffered from dizziness or migraines. After this incident, I began to wonder if there really was an environmental factor. But as it turned out, the Seamstress hadn't eaten as much that day as she should have, which was probably why she fainted. When she woke up, lots of people dressed entirely in white were hanging around her. That's how we do in the temple, but I imagine after taking a fall it could have been quite startling. I probably would have assumed that I was dead. (The Seamstress probably didn't assume that she was dead because she is often much more sensible than I am in drastic situations.)

The temple foyer has a marble floor, and while the Seamstress mercifully did not hit her head on the marble, she did hit her arm. She got emergency care, and the conclusion that was reached was that the elbow was probably bruised. She wore her arm in a sling for a few days, iced her aching elbow, and continued on her merry way.

For six months, the Seamstress did such things as rock climbing, dancing, swimming, and boating. Her elbow hurt on and off, but she didn't think much of it. Finally, she decided to see another doctor.

As it turns out, the Seamstress has had a broken elbow for literally six months.


Apparently in this house none of us responds in a timely, appropriate fashion to medical problems involving the joints.

3 comments:

  1. I don't remember the water skiing....
    Seamstress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Water skiing sounds cooler. I'm totally going to claim it now. Makes me sound somewhat epic. :D Seamstress

      Delete

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?