Saturday, November 22, 2014

A Lazy Day

It's just one of those days.

I was planning to leave the house for three things today. One, to clean my church building. Two, to practice a work presentation in front of my family. Three, to pick up a coffee table from my grandmother's house.

Then when my alarm went off this morning I decided to hit snooze twice. Then I just went back to sleep for real and woke up an hour later. Then I lay in bed thinking for another two hours.

By the time I was done thinking, it was far too late to go clean the church. So I exercised, ate late breakfast/early lunch...and decided it was much too depressing weather outside to go pick up the coffee table. So I did some housework and then decided that I didn't really need to practice my presentation in front of my family because I didn't quite yet know what I was saying. So I read a book and laid around and before I knew it, it was late o'clock.

I gathered the trash from the trash cans and then I was like, "You know what? I haven't stepped outside all day and I'm not going to start now." Whereupon I made a public service announcement that I would not be taking the trash to the garbage can outside just then.

My roommates were surprisingly cool with that, for which I was grateful. So grateful that when the Seamstress, who was making fondue, needed two tablespoons of cornstarch and there was none in the apartment, I volunteered to obtain some for her.

I wish I could say that I sacrificed my conviction to not leave the house in order to purchase some cornstarch for the Seamstress. But actually I called my dad and asked him to bring some over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?