Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Giving Thanks

Upon the event of La Petite's marriage, we got a new roommate, Pepper.

Shortly after moving in, Pepper left a bag of paper leaves in many fall colors on the our kitchen table with a note that said, Write something you are thankful for. It will make you Harry.

That really excited me, because who doesn't want to be an orphaned boy wizard and also have people say to them, "Happy Christmas, Harry," every Christmas?

I became less excited when I looked more closely and saw that the note said, "happy," not "Harry." But since the day of thankfulness was upcoming and also because Americans and happiness go together like America and "Made in China" stickers, I decided to participate.

For the past several weeks, I have frequently written something I'm thankful for on a leaf and taped it to the window frame.

Last Thanksgiving season, I made a list of six things I was grateful for. This season, I helped to fill an entire window frame with a lovely leaf border of thankfulness.

There's a lot to be thankful for. And it does make me happy.

Though I would still appreciate it if people would say, "Happy Christmas, Harry," to me on Christmas.

5 comments:

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?