Thursday, January 8, 2015

2014 in Review

Here are the milestones of 2014 in the life of Awkward Mormon Girl.

-I graduated college.

-I found a very wonderful real-life grown-up job.

-My family and I crossed the plains in reverse. And then turned around and crossed them in verse. Which is what the opposite of "reverse" should be but isn't. The actual verse part is all the singing we did.

-I moved out of my parents' house, thus becoming like 12.63% more adult than I was before.

-I went to the temple to be endowed.

Please also note that I ended the year with precisely 104 blog posts, or a perfect average of two post a week. I'm pretty proud of that, to be honest.

And now, here is some of the wisdom I accumulated in 2014, drawn from various sources including my friends, the scriptures, and an original song from Big Hero 6.

"I think it can be good to let yourself cry if you feel like it."

"When you care about people, they have the power to hurt you. You trust them not to use it, but sometime everyone does. We are human."

"It will all turn out right."

"Trust yourself."

"Friendship is important. So is compassion, and endurance, and giving people the benefit of the doubt. And so is forgiveness."

"Making life-altering decisions whilst sick and low on potassium is a bad idea."

"When I'm feeling sad, the solution is not to stay home and feel more sad."

"Feelings are screwy."

"Sometimes we have to move forward before we can receive further instructions."

"It's a very mysterious thing that humans do. We make a really simple question more complicated than it needs to be."

"Chocolate malts = super good. Zombie apocalypse = super scary."

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself."

"Forward I go, though I do not know the way."

"Nevertheless, the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yeah, he trieth their patience and their faith."

"Sometimes the only payoff for having any faith is when it's tested again and again every day."

"If you fear rejection, don't; rejection, you'll find, is nothing to be afraid of."

"Sin is like glitter: sparkly, and of the Devil."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?