Friday, April 15, 2016

The North Star

You could say I have a constant heart. Throughout the years, as my friends have shuffled through beaus, I've liked only a handful of fellas.

Sure, I'll occasionally have a bit of interest in that guy or the other. But, for the most part, I'll just like one guy. And I'll like him for years...and years. My friends are dating, and I'm still liking this guy. They're getting married, and I'm still liking this guy. They're popping out kids, and I'm still liking this guy.

My friends, cautiously and tactfully, ask if I've met anyone new. But we both know that they're really asking, "When are you going to move on? When are you going to give this up?"
In all honesty, though, I don't necessarily feel like it's needful for me to like a ton of different guys. Someday, my constant heart will guide me to somebody whose heart is both equally constant and turned towards me. Or that's the hope, anyways.

In the meantime, whenever I like somebody new, I get a thrill at the novelty of it. But I also wonder, "Will you be my breakthrough? Or will you be the next guy that I'm stuck on for two, three, even six years?"

I think I'll be glad when the dating part of my life is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?