Friday, May 12, 2017

Art Imitating Life

I haven't read much Georgette Heyer since last summer.

I quickly exhausted most of the Seamstress's selection of these novels. There are still some I want to read, but apparently my taste runs to the obscure, because they seem to be less common than some of the others.

For my birthday, the Seamstress gave me a copy of Frederica.

THE SEAMSTRESS: Frederica has younger brothers!

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: I do like younger brothers.

Turns out Frederica is a sensible girl in her mid-twenties...

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Oh, I relate.

...who devotes a significant amount of time to the care of her four younger siblings...

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Yes, quite relatable.

...and has a brooding brother...

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Don't we all!

...matching the age and physical description of Little Brother...

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Wait...

...and a very enthusiastic, charming, mechanically-minded brother...

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Wait...

...matching the age and physical description of Baby Brother.

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Good heavens.

If Frederica's physical description were more similar to my own, I would declare right now that we are probably actually the same person. As it is, I see why the Seamstress chose this particular book for me. Also, I hope my future husband is okay with having my younger siblings at our place regularly. I couldn't do without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?